What is Sunday Sessions?
These sessions are a series on some of the basics of congregational living. We live in an age in which some believe we are seeing the Kingdom of God overtaking the church age. The Body of Christ needs to come out of Laodicea and into living the life of love as taught in the Book of Ephesians.
Each session begins with a meal during which those attending can visit with one another. The idea here is that we get to better know one another so that we may become more involved in one another’s lives. In this way we can more effectively love one another.
Following the time of fellowship is a short presentation to introduce the points of the topic for discussion. After the introduction, the floor is open for discussion including statements, questions, testimonials, etc. The hope is for a Spirit led conversation that is a blessing for all those present, including experiencing an encounter with God and manifestation of the five-fold ministry.
There really is no history here. This is a new thing for us which is a more private event (fewer distractions) than Pizza Man Church. It is also loosely patterned after the first century habit of believers breaking bread together and loving one another.
When and Where
We meet on Sundays (watch alerts on this site or the email newsletters) at the Living Room on the second floor of the Old Post Office building at 300 East Main Street.
The typical event schedule is as follows:
- Arrival time is at 4:00 PM
- Greetings and food layout
- Dining and conversation from 4:30 – 5:30, roughly.
- Around 5:45 or so, a short presentation (15 minutes?) is made on the topic for discussion.
- After the presentation is the group discussion and exploration of the topic and how it applies to our lives as we follow Christ.
- The scheduled end time is 8:00 PM, however, if the discussion naturally ends sooner, that is fine. If some want to continue longer, that is also okay though more informal.
Some choose to eat with their family members at home before coming. When this is the case, it is good to show up by 5:30 PM to be in on the opening presentation. Whether eating or not, all are welcome at 4:00 PM.
Also, one is not obligated to bring food as a prerequisite to dining. There has always been enough to satisfy all who desire to eat. There is no judgment or shame as we appreciate all who desire to deepen their walk with the Lord.